PA DUI Attorney Hosts Webinar on Analytical Chemistry
Understanding analytical chemistry is a big part of challenging DUI blood tests. That is why I have invested time and effort into becoming an expert in DUI Science. I also believe in helping other lawyers to become better at DUI defense and that is why I recently hosted a Webinar entitled:
“The Scientific Truth About HS-GC-FID and the Pharmacology of ETOH, Marijuana and Benzodiazepines”.
Renowned retired professor of pharmacology and analytical chemistry Dr. Jimmie Valentine, PhD and I instructed at the day-long seminar. The webinar was attended by more than 50 DUI attorneys, experts and consultants from across the country and covered topics like:
- What is HS-GC-FID? Theory and instrumentation Introduction (Method of Sample Introduction, Injection Conditions, Column Selection, Oven Conditions, The Detector)
- Ethanol Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics – concepts of absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion
- How to read a chromatogram and issue spot (Elucidation)
- Marijuana Pharmacokinetics/ Pharmacodynamics – concepts of absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion
- Defenses that work in GC-FID cases
- Benzodiazepines Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics – concepts of absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion
The feedback we have received from this webinar has been tremendous and there have been an overwhelming number of requests for more DUI webinars in the future. Thanks to all of those who attended and we hope to offer more DUI webinars in the future.
If you missed this webinar and wish to join us in the future, please contact us.