Penalties for a Pennsylvania DUI Third Offense
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania uses a multi-tiered penalty structure for DUI offenses and third time offenders face very severe consequences if convicted.
At The McShane Firm, we represent a lot of people who are facing serious DUI charges. People who can’t afford to get a DUI- hire The McShane Firm. For a free consultation, call us now at (717) 657-3900.
|General Impairment||B.A.C.=.08 to 0.099%,
Incapable of safe driving,
No injury or property damage
|10 days-2 years||12 months||$500-$5,000|
|High Rate||B.A.C.=.10 to 0.159%,
Minor B.A.C.= .02 to .159%,
General Impairment BAC with an accident,
School Bus Driver B.A.C.=.02 to .159%,
Commercial Vehicle driver B.A.C.=.04% to .159%
|90 days-5 years||18 months||$1,500-$10,000|
|Highest Rate||B.A.C.=.16% or greater,
Refusal of chemical test,
Controlled substance DUI
|1 year-5 years||18 months||$2,500-$10,000|
Additionally, there are other costs as well as court ordered DUI school and treatment if necessary. Those convicted of a DUI third offense will be required to install an ignition interlock device at their own expense. Use of the interlock device is required for one year.
Additional Penalties for a DUI Third Offense
There are many other consequences you may face if convicted of a Pennsylvania DUI, including:
- Drastically increased car insurance premiums, threat of being dropped from coverage altogether
- Possible disciplinary action for pilots, members of the armed forces, doctors
- Pennsylvania teachers, school administrators, school staff and contractors who work at schools will be barred for three years according to new laws
- As a repeat DUI offender, you may have a very difficult time finding work because prospective employers are wary of hiring people with criminal records.
- Remember a DUI will remain on your permanent record for the REST OF YOUR LIFE
After your previous convictions, you know how serious these penalties are and it is in your best interest to do everything you can to protect your rights. Call 1-866-MCSHANE to schedule a free consultation with our experienced Pennsylvania DUI Attorneys.