PADUIBlog.com has become a well respected resource about DUI laws in PA. We are very proud of this blog and are thankful to you the readers who take the time out to read our posts and provide insightful feedback. That is why we would like to again ask for your help in choosing a charity for us to donate to.
Here are the candidates:
Here is a little about each of these great organizations:
(1) PAWS of Central PA–
PAWS saves lives and prevents suffering by implementing the no-kill philosophy through aggressive spay/neuter programs for owned and unowned animals; by rescuing, fostering, and seeking permanent homes for endangered dogs and cats; and by raising awareness of the plight of homeless animals.
PAWS seeks a time when there are no homeless companion animals in south central Pennsylvania.
(2) The Merrick Fund Foundation–
Established September 1, 2007
The Merrick Fund Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt charitable organization helping animal rescues and shelters save lives in central Pennsylvania. We provide funding for emergency and catastrophic medical care expenses for adoptable animals. The Merrick Fund Foundation provides a medical safety net so care decisions can be made from the heart.
(3) Best Friends Animal Sanctuary
A better world through kindness to animals.
No More Homeless Pets.
1. Develop, implement and share world-class standards for companion animal care, including their physical, emotional and behavioral health.
2. End the killing of animals who are labeled “unadoptable” in shelters, by bringing about a time when every pet can enjoy a loving home and when every family can find their special companion through humane sources. (We call this our No More Homeless Pets campaign.)
3. Initiate and lead social action on behalf of animals everywhere by providing organizational resources and vision, and by sharing our knowledge and experience freely, so that all communities can achieve the goal of No More Homeless Pets.
The Golden Rule: We treat all living creatures as we ourselves would wish to be treated.
Kindness: Compassion and respect for all living creatures.
Good effects: We judge our effectiveness by the extent to which animal lives are saved and improved, and by the positive experience of the people we touch.
Leadership: We lead by example – developing, promoting and sharing great new ideas and programs to help animals.
Authenticity: We do what we say we do.
Transparency: We are open and honest in our relationships.
The McShane Firm will donate $500 to the charity receiving the most votes before December 31, 2010. Vote today and help save the lives of animals!
2 responses to “The 2nd Annual PADUIBlog.com Firm Charity Giveaway”
Michele Cocco says:
S o very hard to choose … They all are worthy and god bless them for being there … Sure wish we didn’t need them and all animals were given the respect due … but alas, so many humans just haven’t evolved into knowing this!!! Merrick helps them all when needed!! Don’t even think there is a choice … They all benefit from Merrick … Thanks for allowing this to happen Michele Cocco
Justin McShane says:
Thank you Michele.