There are a lot of law firms out there who are willing to take on your criminal or DUI case, but there is only one McShane Firm. So how is the McShane Firm different and better than the rest? In this series, we will take a look at some factors you should consider when choosing a law firm.
- Previously in this series, we posted:
- The McShane Firm in the News
- How much our clients love us
- Advanced Specialized Training
- We are The Science Attorneys
- We Know Breath Testing
Today we look at How we Know Blood Testing.
Many citizens and even defense attorneys believe that a high blood test result is an automatic conviction. This is simply not true. The test result is a piece of evidence and the government still has to prove that it is accurate and reliable. There are many questions that need to be answered such as:
- Is there a clear chain of custody?
- Were the procedures documented correctly?
- Were the tubes inverted properly by the officer?
- Were the tubes transported under the correct protocols?
- Were the samples stored under the proper temperature?
- Were the tubes handled properly by the technician?
- Were the instruments correctly maintained?
- Were the instruments properly cleaned between tests?
- And many more…
Many times, these procedures are not followed correctly. It takes a highly trained attorney to identify and challenge these issues. The McShane Firm remains at the forefront of challenging blood test results. For example, when Good Samaritan Hospital in Lebanon County failed to follow the correct procedures for blood testing, it was The McShane Firm that convinced the court to end blood testing there.
Remember, if an attorney does not know the science behind blood testing (spoiler alert: most don’t) then they cannot properly defend DUI cases.
At The McShane Firm, we are The Science Attorneys. No law firm can match our experience and knowledge in DUI blood testing. Attorney Justin McShane and Attorney Katherine McShane are designated Lawyer-Scientists as recognized by the American Chemical Society. In fact, Justin McShane has presented numerous research papers at conferences to audiences full of scientists, not lawyers. He has also instructed at many laboratory courses about DUI blood testing.
If you are facing a DUI and your future is on the line, call The McShane Firm and ask us about how we can use science in your case.