It is that time of year. The lights go up. We hear holiday music everywhere we go. Everyone is in a happy mood. So are we at The McShane Firm. We are thankful for all of you and want to give back to our community. As is our tradition, we have identified three (3) great charities to try to help. As each of these three charities do such wonderful things, we cannot hope to decide which one to help. This is where we need your help. We have set up a simple embedded poll that allows you, the reader to decide.
The Deadline for voting will be December 31, 2009 at midnight.
Here is a little about each of these great organizations:
(1) PAWS of Central PA–
PAWS saves lives and prevents suffering by implementing the no-kill philosophy through aggressive spay/neuter programs for owned and unowned animals; by rescuing, fostering, and seeking permanent homes for endangered dogs and cats; and by raising awareness of the plight of homeless animals.
PAWS seeks a time when there are no homeless companion animals in south central Pennsylvania.
(2) The Merrick Fund Foundation–
Established September 1, 2007
The Merrick Fund Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt charitable organization helping animal rescues and shelters save lives in central Pennsylvania. We provide funding for emergency and catastrophic medical care expenses for adoptable animals. The Merrick Fund Foundation provides a medical safety net so care decisions can be made from the heart.
(3) Best Friends Animal Sanctuary
A better world through kindness to animals.
No More Homeless Pets.
1. Develop, implement and share world-class standards for companion animal care, including their physical, emotional and behavioral health.
2. End the killing of animals who are labeled “unadoptable” in shelters, by bringing about a time when every pet can enjoy a loving home and when every family can find their special companion through humane sources. (We call this our No More Homeless Pets campaign.)
3. Initiate and lead social action on behalf of animals everywhere by providing organizational resources and vision, and by sharing our knowledge and experience freely, so that all communities can achieve the goal of No More Homeless Pets.
The Golden Rule: We treat all living creatures as we ourselves would wish to be treated.
Kindness: Compassion and respect for all living creatures.
Good effects: We judge our effectiveness by the extent to which animal lives are saved and improved, and by the positive experience of the people we touch.
Leadership: We lead by example – developing, promoting and sharing great new ideas and programs to help animals.
Authenticity: We do what we say we do.
Transparency: We are open and honest in our relationships.
Hey, and while you are here, please consider taking a look at our Pennsylvania DUI blog and our website. Leave comments if you want. We want to hear from you.
-Justin J. McShane, Esquire, Pennsylvania DUI Attorney
I am the highest rated DUI Attorney in PA as Rated by Avvo.com
You can follow me on Twitter , Facebook or Linkedin.
One response to “The www.PADUIBlog.com Charity Giveaway”