We Challenge You to Find the Best DUI Lawyer in Pennsylvania
There are close to 50,000 lawyers in Pennsylvania. Of those, there are thousands of lawyers who are willing to represent your Pennsylvania DUI case. So how does a person with no legal background sift through all of these lawyers to find the best DUI Lawyer in Pennsylvania?
At the McShane Firm, we want to help you-the citizen accused-make your decision based on facts and knowledge so you can hire the best attorney to help protect your rights. This is why we have put together this series “The Pennsylvania DUI Lawyer Challenge” to help guide those citizens who are looking to hire the very best attorney to handle their DUI case.
We begin this series by highlighting the importance of having the best DUI lawyer you can find, defend your Pennsylvania DUI case.
Do I Really Need the Best DUI Lawyer to Defend My Pennsylvania DUI case?
This is a common question people ask me: Do I really need the best very best lawyer to defend my Pennsylvania DUI case?”
Often times people have misconceptions about Pennsylvania DUI cases. First, many people think that these charges are minor and that they will get off with a “slap on the wrist” if convicted. Also people do not realize how highly technical defending DUI cases really is. Finally, I have found that many people think that any lawyer is good enough to defend a DUI case.
Once you realize how severe the penalties are, how highly technical these cases are and how every lawyer is not the same, you will agree that having the best Pennsylvania DUI lawyer on your side is the best move you can make. In today’s post we will tackle the first question: How Severe are the Penalties for a Pennsylvania DUI conviction.
Pennsylvania DUI Penalties are Very Severe
There are a whole host of severe legal penalties for a Pennsylvania DUI conviction that include prison, license suspension and fines. Beyond that are a host of other penalties such as:
- Effects on Employment – A Pennsylvania DUI conviction can have serious ramifications on your job. Although it is unethical to discriminate solely on the basis of a criminal conviction, in practice it is widespread. You may lose out on a really good job opportunity because of a DUI on your record.
- CDL License Suspension– Pennsylvania truck drivers and CDL holders can lose their commercial license because of a DUI conviction- even if it occurs in their personal vehicle.
- Occupational Licenses– Doctors, pilots, military personnel, teachers and lawyers could potentially face additional sanctions from their disciplinary boards which may include suspension or termination of their professional license.
- Financial Liabilities– A Pennsylvania DUI conviction will also effect your insurance premiums and trigger other costs you may not be aware of.
- Restrictions on Travel– You won’t be able to rent a car and you may not be issued a VISA for certain countries.
The threat of losing your driver’s license alone is enough reason to fight your DUI with the best lawyer you can find. Pennsylvania is a huge state and most of us are heavily dependent on our cars and often take our right to drive for granted. Just imagine not being able to drive. How would you get around to all the places you need to go? I have seen many people whose careers have been devastated because they could no longer drive and thus could not maintain their busy schedules and commitments.
Also keep in mind, a DUI conviction remains on your permanent criminal record FOR AS LONG AS YOU LIVE. That’s why I say: A DUI (like a diamond) is forever